Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Zumba ♥ Zumba

So I've decided that the time has come...yes it is time to stop coming up with a zillion plus one excuses on why I shouldn't be getting back in shape. I've pretty much been in deniel. See I'm going to be hitting 26 this April, to me that is passing that halfway point heading down towards 30 (which is not bad, just a significant milestone for us girls) I feel like I really should be living a healthy lifestyle if I want to stay in great shape. Almost like a blueprint for my 30s, not to mention if I want to pop out a kid I want to be at my smallest to be able to bounce right back!

So I decided with the new birth of my blog why not start and dedicate myself to a healthy lifestyle? I can set up goals and post my progress or vent on my setbacks. See before we got married (♥8/8/08♥) the hubby & I set goals to be healthy & fit for our honeymoon, which we did accomplish by me losing 20lbs & he 50lbs in just 2 months! I know!! but shortly after some time we got too comfortable in our new bodies and of course recieveing all the compliments we started thinking, 'hey we're skinny minnies so we can eat this burger & fries..no biggie!' So now I find myself back to square one.

Luckily, during my health craze I found a true passion of mine in the fitness world. Not only did I find myself getting a super great workout (burn 500-800 calories an hour)but being able to release stress and surround myself with positive vibes! there was an extra spring in my step, happier at work and really loving life. the answer? Zumba. check out there official website Visit Zumba

In a nutshell Zumba is a dance aerobics class, usually running for an hour including pre & post workout streching, with the basis in Latin music: Salsa, Merengue, Bachata, Samba, Cumbia, Reggaton but it branches out to Belly Dancing, Caribbean Calypso, Dance, Hip Hop and more depending on your instructor. You really do feel like you are in a party and the best part - as intimading as it sounds for the ones asking themselves 'I couldnt dance to save my life' You dont have to know! you can modify the workout intensity to your level! Naturally the more you do it the better you get! I love it and am committing to jump right into my health & fitness goal the motivation of Zumba in my life & soul. I live in the DC metro area and am lucky to have this 'underground studio' led by Asuka Boucher close by,Get more info here


Let ♥Glitter Mango♥ know how you like staying in shape, follow & comment us!

No comments:

Post a Comment